- Vishal S S – CB News Desk (email@example.com)
The shocking incident took place yesterday night at Whiteley’s Solent Hotel and Spa, UK. This situation happened when the toxic gas, formed as a combination of two chemicals was inhaled by the people. Due to its proliferation people were evacuated from the area to safer places.
Emergency rescue team rushed to the spot with eight ambulances to provide immediate aid to the victims. Which was more than the firefighters and specialist hazardous materials teams.A ventilation fan was used to clear the toxic gas and firefighters took the vessel containing chemicals to fresh air. Gas monitors were used to check that the scene was safe and for further use.
Approximately around 24 guests at the spa including many children were immediately shifted to University Hospital Southampton with no high casualties.
Currently the hotel’s general manager, George French, has initiated an investigation which has been executed to find out how the leak took place. In a statement today, he said ‘This incident is under investigation so we are unable to release specific details but Solent Hotel is currently open and the spa and fitness facilities re-opened as normal at 8am this morning.’
A spokesperson said: “Firefighters from Hightown, Fareham, Cosham, Portchester, St Mary’s and Romsey worked alongside paramedics and the Hazardous Area Response Team (HART) from South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) last night, following a hazardous materials incident at a hotel in Whiteley.
As per the media report statement released by Solent Hotel and Spa, “We can confirm that an incident occurred within the spa and fitness areas of the Solent Hotel and Spa last night.Our main priority is our guests’ and team members’ health and wellbeing and we temporarily evacuated the hotel. We are pleased to say that the hotel is open and the spa and fitness facilities re-opened as normal this morning.
Solent Hotel and Spa, the 4-star hotel which is located at Rookery Ave, Whiteley, Fareham PO15 7AJ, United Kingdom is the World Luxury Spa Awards Winner for 2018.